Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Zig Zag

Alas, I forgot to take a photo of the wonderful Zig Zag cocktail. However I did make a HUGE punch bowl of it for Friday night. And we even had some left over for later in the weekend. You're going to have to trust me - it's fantastic, and worth the effort.

Zig Zag (this is for the HUGE batch)
9 cups fresh watermelon juice
6 cups homemade lemonade (see below)
6 cups citron vodka (I used Absolut)
2 1/2 cups Cointreau

Combine in a big punch bowl, stir and serve over ice. A great garnish is whole blueberries and a small lemon slice.


Homemade Lemonade
2 cups fresh lemon juice
2 cups simple syrup (see below)
4 cups water

Combine everything together in a pitcher.


Simple Syrup
1 1/2 parts Water
1 part Sugar

Combine in a pot over medium heat. Stir frequently until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is clear. Cool. Can be stored for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment