Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pasta!!!!





It's been a bit grey and rainy, so I wanted something comforting tonight for dinner. Quick & simple dish with tons of flavor!

I started by browning some sliced Italian sausage. Then I added some chopped white onion & red pepper (capsicum in AU) with a pinch of salt to get them breaking down. I added chopped eggplant with the skin on! Seasoning: a bit of garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano and salt & pepper. I then added a can of whole tomatoes (rough chopped with the sauce) and a small can of tomato sauce. Bring to the bubble and lower the heat to simmer for about 10 minutes. I cooked the pasta al dente and then added it to the sauce. 4 big spoonfulls of riccota went in next and I stirred the whole thing through. I piled it onto a pasta dish, added some parmigiana and a tiny drizzle of olive oil (plus a little more red pepper flakes for me). Exactly what I wanted - warm and comforting!

No comments:

Post a Comment