Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Friday, May 20, 2011

Fresh Watermelon Juice

So I have no photo yet - but I have to divulge my newest obsession:  fresh watermelon juice.  Yes we all know watermelon is delicious.  Yes it's full of juicy goodness.  But funny enough I've never juiced it by itself before (I'm sure I've added it to juice concoctions though).  I wanted to test out a new drink recipe in anticipation of next weekend - a visit from two of my high school chumettes, Lori & Chrissy.  The watermelon juice alone is worth the effort - but add in fresh squeezed/homemade lemonade, Kettle One Citron vodka and Cointreau, and you have a party that just won't stop.  And funny enough one of my favorite things about this drink is that you garnish it with a slice of lemon and some blueberries...why?  I don't care, it looks as good as it tastes.  You'll have to trust me - I'll get a photo and a recipe up soon.

Until then - juice a watermelon.  Just have a glass by itself.  And then add the vodka.  Summertime heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment