Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Infusions

 
We're getting ready for keith's parents!  They are coming for a visit on Friday and staying through Monday.  It's always fun when they visit - and we always have at least one night in with food, drinks and games.  So in anticipation of their visit, I decided to work on some home-infusions of vodka.

I re-purposed the Svedka vodka bottle for the cucumber infusion (well, really I just had a half bottle of vodka and I shoved cucumber into it!).  The mason jar is filled with layers of fresh pineapple, strawberries and blueberries.  Should be delicious!!  And keith can't wait to eat the fruit - he'll be the drunkest.  :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks too beautiful to drink lol. But actually, I have a question. What do you do with infused vodka and the fruit?
    Do you drink the vodka and eat the fruit? Like a sangria?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit - in most cases I would likely leave it in the bottle until the vodka was gone and then toss it. You COULD muddle it in drinks though, that would be a good way to use it. However eating it would be rough - the fruit will have little of their actual flavor left, and will be VERY heavy in vodka flavor.

    The vodka - makes a great martini, or a great addition to cocktails (for instance the fruit vodka would likely go great in a version of a Cosmo, or even just mixed with soda water).

    ReplyDelete