Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Saturday, July 23, 2011

COFFEE


I love a good cup of coffee in the morning. But it has to be good. And when at home, it's always made in one of two of my french presses (although I did just buy a new stove-top espresso canister - my old one was used long and hard and eventually died). I'm beginning my search for a local fresh roasted coffee. But in the meantime, my amazing in-laws sent me one of my favorites: Dark Roast from their coffee shop (Java Central) in Westerville, Ohio. It came in a care package we got just a few days ago. They have their own roaster, and he does an amazing job - I adore both the dark roast and the Highlander Grogg!

3 comments:

  1. I love my french press, but for some reason I only use it to make my iced coffee for the drive to work. I let it brew over night in the refrigerator and it's ready in the morning. Maybe I should try it for our hot coffee instead of (don't judge me, lol)the Mr. Coffee. It's just so nice to have the coffee already done when my alarm goes off in the morning! How long do you let it brew?

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Barb - I bet the coffee gets really strong, right? I usually pour in some boiling water and let it sit for only about 3 minutes when I make it in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, Mine usually sits in the fridge for 5 or 6 hours, and it is plenty strong. I mix it with cold water, so I'm not sure what the minimum time you would want to let it brew would be. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I can't, it came from a co-worker. As of this morning, I no longer own a french press, it is in a gazillion shattered pieces in the trash(SOB)! However, I will have a new one Wednesday, thanks to Amazon.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete