Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Sunday, November 13, 2011

holiday spices


It's that time of the year again. Time to buy what I like to call the "holiday spices." And no matter how many times I heard Jamie Oliver say I should always buy whole nutmeg, for some reason I never have. Until this year. And can I just say...wow. The flavor is so much more intense and robust when you grate your own nutmeg. Definitely worth the effort. Go buy some whole nutmeg and grate it yourself. Just onto the cutting board. Then smell it. Now taste it. Are you as giddy as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment