Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving update

The theme has been selected: Stuffed. Sounds simple, right? Here's the idea - I bought a Turducken and went from there (I've never made or eaten one before, so I'm pretty excited). A turducken is a de-boned chicken stuffed inside a de-boned duck stuffed inside a de-boned turkey. CRAZY! A FREAK OF NATURE!! :)

So with that in mind, my plans now include apple stuffed yams (or sweet potatoes...not quite sure yet); and stuffing balls "stuffed" with a center of cranberries and chestnuts. I'm working on a cocktail idea as well. Possibly something savory (cucumber or rosemary vodka) "stuffed" with a small fruit jello-shot (cranberry? apple? - floating in the middle of the drink).

Okay, I feel so much better now that I have a theme and a plan. So now, who wants to join us for my Stuffed Thanksgiving Dinner?

1 comment: