Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Sunday, November 13, 2011

Rose Martini


I'm really trying to experiment with flavors and smells (I'm talking cocktails, but that applies to food as well). I found some rose water and it immediately flashed me back to Dove Bar in NYC. keith and I used to stop in there for happy hour after work when we first moved to the city. They served a delicious rose martini - they even floated rose petals on top. So I gave it a go - ice cold grey goose and a touch of rose water. The rose water can be VERY over-powering, but it was quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment