Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Sunday, October 9, 2011

Breakfast Sandwich


This is a meal that keith learned from his mom - in fact the recipe is part of a collection of recipes she gave him when he moved out of the house so many years ago. It's become a bit of a guilty weekend pleasure for me, and keith makes it every so often (not too often...it's damn heavy, but oh so delicious!). And it's wonderfully simple to make. Pillsbury flaky biscuits in a can; a package of breakfast sausage (bulk, not links, formed into small patties), and sharp cheddar cheese. Bake the biscuits and cut them in half. Cook the sausage until it's completely done, then toss it in the microwave for just a few seconds to help melt the cheddar (you could do this in the pan during the last few minutes of cooking as well, but the microwave is easy). That's all there is to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment