Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, October 10, 2011

Cheese Bar

After having a flight of beers at Hair if the Dog, we made our way to Cheese Bar. It's an amazing cheese shop, complete with an outstanding beer & wine selection. The owner & cheese monger was recently dubbed the world's best cheese monger, and it's easy to see why! The selection is amazing, and the staff is knowledgeable and passionate.



I was mesmerized by the options. And I couldn't resist a hunk of Robiola.



A bottle of wine, some cheese at our table & samples from the bar...what a delight! And somehow I still had the strength to buy a small wheel of Robiola-esque cheese, and a slab of sweet soppressata salami. Life is good!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment