Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, September 12, 2011

Caipirinha updated

A while ago I posted a cocktail recipe for the Caipirinha using Cachaca (Brazilian sugar cane rum). I made a variation over the weekend that I absolutely loved! It included the addition of orange and ginger to the mix (hmm...I'm sensing a flavor profile throughline this weekend!). Here's the updated version:

Caipirinha with Orange & Ginger
5 limes, cut into 8 pieces
2 oranges cut into small pieces
1 inch piece of ginger, chopped
1 1/2 C turbinado raw sugar
2 1/2 C Cachaca rum (or any white rum)

Combine the limes, oranges, ginger and sugar in a pitcher. Muddle the crap out of it all until the juices have been completely released from the limes, oranges & ginger and the sugar is dissolved. Add the rum and stir to dissolve any sugar that's still left. Pour into a serving pitcher, and serve over ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment