Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, September 12, 2011

Fruity Margarita Martini


Again with the un-creative name!! So this drink was created based on the fruits I had available after a trip to New Seasons. Plus I still had half a bottle of Gran Gala and I desperately wanted to use it - I LOVE the smell & flavor of that orange liqueur. And anytime I get to muddle I get all excited. Interactive food & liquor making is the best.

Fruity Margarita Martini
1/4 white peach, chopped
1 strawberry, sliced
 Small bunch of fresh blueberries (8 - 10)
1/2 key lime, cut into pieces (or 1/4 regular lime)
1 oz. Gran Gala
1 oz. white Tequila

In your shaker combine the peach, strawberry, blueberries and lime. Muddle the crap out of them until all that's left is a gorgeous fruit slurry. Add some ice, the Gran Gala and the Tequila. Shake vigorously and pour into a martini glass. Garnish with a few whole blueberries and a thin slice of peach.

No comments:

Post a Comment