Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, September 12, 2011

Vegetable Skewers


I've been all about the skewers lately. One night last week I marinated some chicken breasts (cut up into 1 1/2" pieces) in lemon, pepper & garlic salt. Those were skewered and became the main dish for dinner. But I wanted something that I could cook alongside the chicken on the grill as a side dish. So I pulled out some vegetables, skewered them, coated them all in olive oil, salt & pepper, and got to grilling.

The mushrooms were quite big and took nearly as long as the peppers and chicken. The tomatoes were delicious, and I slow grilled them on the top rack. And once everything was done, I simply slid them off of the skewers and served the mixed vegetables alongside the chicken. Excellent addition to any meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment