Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Friday, March 25, 2011

Dinner at Ditch Plains with Matt


Last night keith and I met up with our friend Matt.  Funny story - the three of us were cast in "Into the Woods" 7 years ago with Gallery Players in Bexley, Ohio.  That's actually where my husband and I met.  So it was a fun reunion with Matt.

Spicy Pork Meatballs
We managed to find some common time and picked a location (Matt coming from the Upper East Side; keith coming from Union Square; me coming from the Lower East Side) - Ditch Plains on Downing & Bedford.  We've always loved this restaurant, and the fact that they carry Hangar Vodka (lime infused!).

Crab Dip
Smoked Mozzarella & Ricotta Fritters
Over plates of appetizers and cocktails we caught-up and laughed.  Matt is full of stories, and available for hire to any casting directors that might read this.  :)  And I was so excited about the "special" burger (that just won a major burger award - really, no joke) that I forgot to grab a photo of it.  Needless to say, the cheddar "bun" and the vodka-spiked ketchup were delicious.  And what evening would be complete without deep fried snickers bars?  I mean, we're all Ohio boys at heart.

Deep Fried Snickers Bars

No comments:

Post a Comment