Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, March 14, 2011

Mint & Elderflower


I had a sudden realization while shopping for dinner supplies yesterday that the Elderflower Cordial in my refrigerator would be lovingly enhanced with a hit of mint.  So, bunch of mint in hand, it was time for a martini.  I do love Grey Goose - and it goes exceptionally well with the Elderflower Cordial.  So I piled some ice into my shaker, and threw in a small handful of fresh mint leaves (probably 8 or so...I wanted it to be MINTY).  4 parts vodka, 1/2 part Elderflower Cordial (really, a little goes a long way).  And then I shook the hell out of it - I really wanted to bash up the mint to release the oil & flavor.  Boy howdy did I ever bash it up - I poured the liquid out and there beautiful bits of mint all broken up and floating around.  I then topped the martini with one fresh mint leaf.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment