Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, March 14, 2011

Discovery Wines

My favorite wine shop near my office in the East Village has to be Discovery Wines.  The atmosphere is great, inviting, and encouraging for even those who know nothing of wine.  The owner is extremely helpful and friendly (for instance, I once said "I want a meaty white wine that I can eat with a steak" and he knew the perfect one for me to try).

So when I started formulating my dinner for tonight and realized I needed white wine (clams & mussels in a broth of white wine, shallots, garlic, rosemary, butter, saffron and...yes...Bottarga) I knew I had to head over to the wine shop.  And one of my favorite go-to whites is always readily available there:

No comments:

Post a Comment