Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Friday, April 29, 2011

Breakfast Pizza



Pizza isn’t generally something you think of for breakfast – unless you’re in college and it’s still sitting in the box from the night before.  But a few years ago I started buying pizza dough at Whole Foods and we would make our own pizzas for dinner.  And then one day I thought I’d give a breakfast version a try.  We’ve done all kinds of toppings on our breakfast pizzas, including sausage, peppers, ham, and anything else you can think of.  I figured this was a perfect breakfast for the day after my birthday – fattening.

For this pizza, I cooked some bacon, sauteed some mushrooms and also some onions.  And we had a pile of cheese options.  For mine:  tomato sauce, grated parmesan cheese, mushrooms, onions, bacon, shredded mozzarella, 2 duck eggs, black pepper, small amount of grated Botarga.  Great way to start the day!!

2 comments:

  1. I may do this tomorrow. I have all kinds of left over cheeses and breakfast meats. Still no duck eggs. I think the kiddos would get into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you make a breakfast pizza? I turned my coworker on to the idea because I figured her 4 year old would love it too.

    ReplyDelete