Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Friday, April 15, 2011

Roasted Garlic on Bread


Yesterday while shopping for dinner, I found these fantastic little bags filled with gorgeously roasted garlic.  Now roasting garlic at home is quite easy...but it's SO much easier to squeeze perfectly roasted garlic cloves out of a small bag!  I had some great bread left, so we had roasted garlic on bread as an appetizer.  I plopped a small handful of roasted cloves into the mortar & pestle, added a pinch of salt and some olive oil and mashed the hell out of them.  Then I liberally spread it over sliced of bread.  Lovely little snack.  Just make sure everyone in the house enjoys this at the same time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment