Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, April 11, 2011

Meat-tastic Breakfast


Sunday morning I opened the fridge and realized there were a few things I just had to use up or they would go bad by next weekend.  So, we had a meat-tastic breakfast of sausage, bacon and cheesy eggs.  The bacon was from Whole Foods - they have a huge selection of artisan bacon.  This particular type was thick/slab cut and applewood smoked.  It took a longer time to cook, but it was chewy and delicious.  In hindsight the breakfast was a bit too meat-tastic...the sodium content was pretty high, and we were both dehydrated a few hours later!  But still, it was lovely going down!

No comments:

Post a Comment