Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Thursday, April 21, 2011

White & Sweet Russian


My mother-in-law enjoys a good Black Russian (and sometimes a good White Russian).  I had never tried one until she introduced me to them - they are quite nice.  And in an effort to appease my husband's sweet tooth (especially after a meal since I just don't ever make a dessert - okay, rarely), I came up with this version.  It's not the prettiest thing in the world (thus the photograph), but it's quite tasty.  And the over-the-top part is the frozen & grated Reese's Cup.  :)

Ingredients
2 1/2 parts vodka
1 part Kahlua
1 part cream (I used half & half)
1/2 part Frangelico
1 Frozen Reese's Cup

Combine the vodka, Kahlua, Frangelic & cream in a shaker with ice.  Shake, and strain into a martini glass (ignore the fact that mine was in a bar glass over ice...haha).  Grate some of the Reese's Cup over the top.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment