Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Friday, April 29, 2011

Ice Cream Cake



Truth is, I’m not one for sweets (we’re not talking candy here – for some reason I could sit and eat candy all day – it’s things like cakes, donuts, desserts that don’t do it for me).  And yet, I think my husband was quite disappointed that I didn’t request a cake.  You see, he loves cake.  Wait, I think I’m understating that.  He LOOOOVES cake – and icing.  Lots of icing.  So after dinner last night, I actually had a small craving (but secretly I knew he had a big craving) for something sweet.  My first thought was ice cream.  We wandered out, and keith suggested Baskin Robbins.  Walked in the door and I was immediately drawn to the ice cream cakes.  Things like that always sound great in my head.  :)  Opted for a marble cake with praline ice cream & white frosting.  

One small slice for me - keith can have the rest.  After one bite I scraped off nearly all of my icing and piled it onto his plate - which he eagerly accepted.  I'm just not a dessert kind of guy...give me roasted garlic any day.  :)  But still, the cake was great and we have lots leftover in the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment