Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, April 11, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cocktail


keith makes a delicious pink lemonade cocktail, and I have decided this is going to be the cocktail of choice for the coming summer.  It's bright, tangy, refreshing - and it's hard to realize how much liquor is in it, so be careful!!  :) 



Ingredients:
3 oz. vodka
1 oz. triple sec
2 oz. cranberry juice
1 oz. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 oz. fresh squeezed lime juice (or 1/2 oz. concentrated lime juice)
4-5 oz. chilled 7-Up

Combine all ingredients except the 7-Up in a cocktail shaker with some ice.  Shake vigorously and strain into an ice-filled cocktail or collins glass.  Top the glass with 7-Up and stir gently.

5 comments:

  1. I am having a friend over tonight for dinner and I am making this for him. I have three Meyer lemons left and was thinking of ways to use them. This will do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Meyer lemons will be excellent in this cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might get dangerous. So good and so easy going down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty close to a cosmo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's actually not close at all to a cosmo. A cosmo is generally vodka, cranberry, triple sec & lime. The addition of lemon and 7up make this an entirely different drink not resembling a cosmo in nearly any way. :)

    ReplyDelete