Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Upcoming Food Adventures

This coming Friday, we're making a trek out to Queens to visit our friend Matt who is making a "hash brown encrusted, sausage & pepper frittata" - exciting!!

This weekend is our annual celebration of us.  keith makes homemade Skyline Chili (seriously has about 30 ingredients).  If you don't know what Skyline Chili is, you're probably not from the midwest (specifically Ohio and surrounding areas).  It's served over spaghetti...or piled on top of a hot dog.  Can't wait!

My birthday is next week and keith is cooking one of his best dishes - slow-cooked bbq brisket!!  he makes some pickled onions to put on top and I can't wait!

And, while I never bake (I'm just not very good at following orders directions, and that's imperative with a baking recipe), but since keith's bday is coming up (shortly after mine) I found something sweet that I'm going to make for dessert.  I know he'll love it.  But I can't say what it is...surprise!  And he'll likely get some version of gourmet macaroni & cheese for his dinner (tradition).

I am obviously hungry.

3 comments:

  1. And now I am hungry!

    I have made Keith's brisket recipe several times since I saw it on your other site. We are addicted to it. I've used a roast a couple times because we didn't have any brisket and we have our own beef and I didn't want to buy more. We always have the onions with it also.

    I have heard of Skyline chili and seen it on cooking shows but have never had it. It always looks so good. If I ask nicely(or beg):) would you be so kind as to share the recipe???

    I hope you and Keith enjoy your weekend.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the roast works just perfectly!! And can I tell you that while I would probably never live & work on a farm, I'm horribly jealous of comments like "we have plenty of ducks so the eggs are free" and "we have our own beef." :)

    I'll have to ask keith if he's willing to share his top secret Skyline Chili recipe (I'm guessing he will).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,
    Farm life definitely is not for everyone and it took me a long time to get used to it, but it's a good life for us. I have to say though, that NYC is my fantasy place to live, but I would have to choose between living there and my husband Joe, so I'll stay where I am and just visit again someday:)

    Barb

    ReplyDelete