Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Broccoli


Isn't it pretty? And delicious? This time I heat up some olive oil in a hot pan and threw in the broccoli. As it started to soften, I threw in some thin garlic slices (2 cloves), soy sauce (2 - 4 Tbl.) and some fish sauce (2 Tbl.). Cook it hot and quick - one of my favorite ways to serve broccoli. And I totally stole the idea from an old favorite restaurant that is sadly no longer around on the Lower East Side in NYC: The Elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment