Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Thursday, August 4, 2011

So smooth - so dangerous


Last week I filled a BIG mason jar with fresh pineapple, strawberries & blueberries, and then filled it with vodka. I think I've mentioned this infusion before, but it's worth repeating. I let it sit in the fridge for nearly a week, and last night I pulled it out to make some martinis. It's amazingly rich in flavor, and the vodka just seems to disappear (in flavor). I mixed it with cranberry juice, and a little pomegranate juice in the shaker and poured into martini glasses. Seriously dangerous stuff, but delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God! I just sort of stared at that picture realized my mouth was hanging open. LOL. Looks smooth.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete