Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Thursday, August 4, 2011

Infusions


Okay, I promise I'll mention food at some point soon. But...infusions. My husband and I have a short term goal of opening a cabaret & bar, so I'm honing up on some skills. I love the idea of infused liquors - the few places I've gone to that do their own (typically just vodka...although Crush here in PDX has a cucumber gin that was amazing) I've always loved. So I'm teaching myself the art of infusion. I bought a bunch of small mason jars (let's not get crazy right off the bat), and went to work. I have 12 jars in the back of my liquor cabinet, and I'm going to open them on Saturday for a taste-test (good timing, our new favorite lesbians are coming over for dinner on Saturday). Curious? Here's my list of what I currently have infusing:

  • Strawberries in vodka
  • Honeydew melon in vodka (2 jars)
  • Ginger in vodka
  • Cucumber in vodka
  • Rosemary in vodka
  • Pomegranate in vodka
  • Ruby Red Grapefruit in vodka
  • Lemon in vodka
  • Cherries (and a little pomegranate) in brandy (2 jars)
  • Mint in rum (for mojitos...hopefully)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo cherries in Brandy?? YUM!!
    Those all sound amazing - I wish I could come over and try them too!! :)

    ReplyDelete