Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, August 8, 2011

Pigs in a Blanket (a la keith)


Comfort food is the core phrase that can be associated with my husband's stomach. So when I picked up some crescent rolls, he asked me to get some hot dogs so he could make some pigs in a blanket. They're always delicious - however this time he added some cheddar cheese to the middle that made them even better. However keith has one big quirk when he cooks - he often likes to experiment without really knowing what flavors might go together. In all honesty, he's gotten MUCH better at this (believe me there were times when he'd just open the cabinet and blindly grab some spices...cinnamon does not go with everything...garlic powder does not enhance french toast). So when he sat the plate down and announced "the three at the top of the plate have mystery ingredients," my eyes rolled back and I think I groaned a little. And in his playful way, he refused to tell me what they were insisting that I would need to use my culinary senses to figure it out. *sigh* Play along, fingers crossed. And then, I was pleasantly surprised! The first had chopped pickles (akin to a nice relish); the second had an addition of a smoked cow's milk; and the third he had added some marscapone cheese - while that wasn't my favorite, it certainly was creamy. No cinnamon, no weird ingredients - he done good!! :) And the pigs were delicious, all of them! And the best part - he got to use the new spatula I got him:


No comments:

Post a Comment