Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, August 22, 2011

Popeye's Fried Chicken


Last Friday we got drove out to the Columbia Gorge for some hiking. Bear in mind the only hiking we've done in YEARS has been from one subway platform to another. But lo and behold, we managed 10 miles. Still - we've walked the island of Manhattan a number of times and that's more than 10 miles. BUT we really didn't think about how 1/2 of the hike was vertical going up, the other vertical going down. Exhausting, and gorgeous views of the gorge.


And by the time we were headed home there was no way I was going to throw myself into the kitchen to prepare anything. So we made a stop and picked up some Popeye's Fried Chicken. I know, fast food. But it's spicy, crispy and delicious. Something tells me I don't want to have it more than once a year, but still we enjoyed it!

And here are a few pics from our hike, just to share. We hiked up to Angel's Rest on the Columbia River Gorge - and then up to Devil's Rest and back down to our car. Whew!



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! And the view is not bad either. : ) Seriously guys, I think you have your Christmas card!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete