Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, August 29, 2011

Pink Lemonade


Not long ago I bought a bottle of maraschino liqueur for a cocktail I wanted to try. And now I have a bottle of maraschino liqueur. :) What to do? I started pouring through some bar books to find unique ways to use it up. I came across a very simple recipe called Pink Lemonade. It's actually quite refreshing - I added some maraschino cherries (again, I feel the need to use them up!) which actually made the drink a little pink. This cocktail is best enjoyed while having light-hearted and/or trivial conversation. No heavy stuff, please.

Pink Lemonade
4 parts vodka
2 parts maraschino liqueur
Fresh lemonade (I used bottled...sue me)

Pour the vodka and liqueur into a cocktail glass over ice. Fill the rest of the glass with lemonade and stir. Add maraschino cherries for added appeal. Note: the second time I had this cocktail I realized it was actually just a little too sweet for me. So I added about 1 - 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment