Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ribeye Steak


Have I mentioned how happy I am to have a grill? I couldn't resist the massive ribeye steaks I saw at the market the other day. As we were running out of the house to do some errands, I remembered the steaks in the fridge. So I dashed into the kitchen, pulled out a big plastic bag, threw the steaks in and made up a marinade. It consisted of soy sauce, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil. They marinated for about 4 hours. And as you can see, I'm a sucker for the cross-grill marks, so I always make sure to make them.

As a side dish, I did a big helping of roasted root vegetables. Baby fingerling potatoes (whole), baby peeled carrots (whole), walla walla sweet onions (chopped), and some gorgeous Sunchokes (peeled, cut up). I doused them all with olive oil, salt & pepper, and roasted them at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing, as usual. Do you have a grill basket? Those veges would be awesome in one and cooked over the grill as well. If not, I HIGHLY recommend them.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of using the grill basket for the vegetables - next time!!

    ReplyDelete