Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, August 29, 2011

Roasted Potatoes

I have not shied away from the fact that I'm a lover of spuds. Starchy, heavy, and so darn versatile. :) And one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes is by simply chopping them up and roasting them. I made these the other night to go with the Sloppy Joe sandwiches keith made for dinner (more on that later).


They are so simple - first preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut up some potatoes (generally a good rule is one big potato per person...I usually do a little more than that) into 1-inch cubes. Throw them on a baking sheet. Drizzle a good amount of olive oil over top, and sprinkle on a generous amount of salt, and some pepper. Use your hands and mix it all together to make sure that the potatoes all get coated in oil. Right before putting them in the oven I sometimes sprinkle the potatoes with some paprika (like this time) for color and taste. Bake for about 1/2 hour or until they are all softened and browning.


No comments:

Post a Comment