Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Monday, August 29, 2011

Hip Sips


Another creation by Lucy Brennan from her book "Hip Sips," I wanted to try this one because of the use of maple syrup. The book is fascinating because there are so many unconventional things she uses in her recipes (which unfortunately can make it a hard book to actually USE - you have to go out buy all kinds of odd things, including odd & interesting liquors).

The maple syrup certainly adds a sweetness to the drink, yet the bite of Grey Goose permeates. It's quite an interesting martini and we both enjoyed it on a hot early evening while sitting on our patio and talking about our day.

Vermont
3 oz. Grey Goose vodka
1/4 oz. Grade A Vermont maple syrup
1 unsalted almond for garnish

Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the vodka and syrup. Shake vigorously and strain into a martini glass. Add the almond for garnish and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment