Food & Drink

I'm Chris - or Christopher - or Mr. Dean - or Master Christopher - or just plain Sir. I'm a self-professed foodie. I love to cook and I take great pleasure in all things edible. My husband and I are relatively new to Portland, Oregon and are enjoying our culinary explorations of the area!



Food is NOT just fuel!



Friday, August 19, 2011

Pink Flamingo


I'm having a grand time trying out new cocktails, if you can't tell. This one came from a great book keith got me last Christmas called "The Modern Mixologist" by Tony Abou-Ganim (with Mary Elizabeth Faulkner). It's a nice and refreshing summer drink - tart and yummy. And halving the grapes as a garnish is completely worth it.

Pink Flamingo

1 1/2 oz. Absolut Citron vodka
1/2 oz Maraschino liqueur
1 1/2 oz. fresh lemon sour*
1 1/2 oz. white grape juice
1 oz. POM pomegranate juice

Add everything to a shaker with ice, shake vigorously. Pour over ice into your cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon slices and sliced green and red seedless grapes.

*Lemon sour: 2 parts fresh lemon juice, 1 part simple syrup. We've made a habit of always keeping some simple syrup in the refrigerator for just such occasions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment